Student Services & Organizations
The primary function of Student Services, located in the Office of Student Affairs, is to ensure that students enrolled at ARCOM receive the support they need to achieve a high quality of life, both academically and personally.
Medical school requires intense dedication and discipline in order to become successful. Sometimes these demands may throw life out of balance for students as well as for their families. At ARCOM, we maintain an open-door policy to assist and guide students in myriad matters including issues related to personal or social well-being, financial counseling, academic achievement and advising, or emotional and physical health.
Our mission relies upon the commitment of service to the underserved and underrepresented. Through the Office of Student Services, students will find connections to community as they become engaged in service projects, community outreach events, and academic programs and presentations that will serve to enrich their ARCOM experience. Furthermore, through the Student Government Association (SGA) and other student organizations, the Office of Student Affairs will also provide programs to assist students as they navigate their way toward a successful medical career.
Student organizations and clubs are an essential component of the medical school experience as they provide social interaction and professional development. Through the Office of Student Services, a host of organizations are available to enrich the student experience at ARCOM. Brief descriptions of a few of these groups are available in the ARCOM Student Handbook & Academic Catalog, and students are encouraged to visit the websites of the organizations of interest. For additional information, please contact the Office of Student Services, located in the Office of Student Affairs.
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (ACOFP)
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- DOCARE Student Chapter
- National Rural Health Association (NRHA)
- National Rural Health Student Network (NRHSN)
- Sigma Sigma Phi
- Student Advocate Association (SAA)
- Student American Academy of Osteopathy (SAAO)
- Student Assembly – American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Student Government Association (SGA)
- Student National Medical Association (SNMA)
- Student Osteopathic Association for Research (SOAR)
- Student Osteopathic Internal Medicine Association (SOIMA)
- Student Osteopathic Medical Association (SOMA)